Monday, July 21, 2008

Arte Y Pico Award


Arte Y Pico award
This award was given to me by Myrna Wacknov, click
her name to go to her wonderful blog "Creativity Journey".
Here is an explanation of how the award works:
Arte y Pico is a blog from Uruguay whose blogger
has come up with this award.
To quote from the Arte y Pico blog: “What is the meaning of the expression?
Basically, and ironically, it translates into a wonderful phrase
in Mexico, “lo maximo.” It will never find its counterpart in English,
but if it HAD to, it would be something like, Wow. The Best Art. Over the top."
The rules:
Pick FIVE blogs that you consider deserve this award
for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also
for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
Each award has to have the name of the author and also a
link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
Each award winner has to show the award and put the
name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link
of “Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
So this on-line honor has come to me...and since I have only been blogging for
a very short time, my list of visited blogs is short.
Here are my favorite five: you will find their links on the right side
of my blog.
Susan Abbott, a Painter's Year: a Vermont artist with wonderful
posts of her various paintings and sketches.
Carol Marine's painting a day blog. I am normally drawn to
other watercolor artists, but this oil painter takes the cake! Her
beautiful daily paintings are a joy to behold.
Laurelines drawings and paintings is a very special peek into
a tremendously talented artists' sketchbooks.
Laura's watercolors blog is one I check out on a regular basis to
see what Laura is painting. She challenges herself with various
"assignments" and encourages dialog.
Karin Jurick's blog is one I found through Carol Marine's links.
Another wonderful oil painter with great subject matter.
So there you have it...tomorrow back with a posting of
work I've been doing lately! Check out the other blogs if you
have a chance!

2 comments:

laura said...

Thank you for including my blog with these other very fine blogs! I'm really honored to be recommended by you, Annalein! "Lo maximo"--wish I had known that sooner: it's make an excellent blog title!

Laura Frankstone said...

Annelein, a very belated thank you, too! I love your work and am going to carve out time this weekend to really look at everything here. It's been a crazy couple of weeks, so please excuse me for not thanking you sooner for the very lovely compliment you paid me.