Monday, January 26, 2009

Orchid Trio

"Orchid Trio" 7.5" x 7.5" private collection
I will have another chance to paint orchids soon, because
my 3 year old orchid has consistently put out flowers and
looks like it is sending out some new stalks as we speak. I
bought the orchid as a disposable plant...treating it like I would
a bouquet of cut flowers...meaning no high hopes of it surviving
longer than two weeks...but surprise, surprise...it has continued
to display gorgeous white and pink blossoms. Goes to show, you
can always try something new and you might be pleasantly surprised!

5 comments:

A Brush with Color said...

Everyone always tells me this about orchids and I have never grown them--you'll inspire me here. This is stunning--what a beautiful image.

jgr said...

This is amazing! I am a (struggling) student of watercolor-you've inspired me not to give up!
Thank you for sharing.

--Jane

Anonymous said...

AHHHH your negative painting is so inspiring!!! Just love this!!!

Anonymous said...

As my lil grand daughter would say " WOW " ! I have to say I'm in love with the colors. It gave me a ( want to get in my garden now ! ). Keep them coming

Angela said...

These are beautiful - I absolutely love your style.

I have had no luck with orchids - I've tried leaving them alone and I've tried babying the heck out of them. Nothing.

Last year my sister brought home a ton of tiny potted orchids that hadn't sold at Home Depot - and now, a few months later, she constantly has a house full of gorgeous blooms! She doesn't do a thing but water them.

I suppose that I should just appreciate getting to enjoy them, even if I can't get them to thrive (or even live!) my own self.
:)