Monday, March 9, 2009

Blazing bottles

"Blazing Bottles"
Hope you all had a nice weekend..I'm heading in to
my first anniversary of blogging! I can't believe it's
been a year already. Time flies...It's been fun and I
have made a slew of new cyber friends as a result. I've
been in the studio wrestling with oils...and the keyword
there is wrestling..I actually put them away at some point
over the weekend and went back to the watercolors and it
seemed I had forgotten how to use those as well. I guess things
will be a bit jumbled in the beginning as I try to find my footing
with the new medium.

4 comments:

Cathy Gatland said...

Annelein, I can't believe its just a year - you seem like an old (figuratively speaking) pro to me! Your watercolours are so competent, I think oils will be an exciting new challenge, look forward to your journey. Happy Blogday!

Marianne Ginsberg said...

I love the transparent layers of your watercolor paintings. Unfortunately, I live too far away from you to take one of your classes. ;( Keep up the good work!

A Brush with Color said...

I admire you trying a new medium. Good luck--I feel very confident that you'll do beautifully. These are gorgeous bottles! Happy anniversary for your beautiful blog.

StilinStudio said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Best of luck with the oils - with your artistic ability, I'm sure you'll find a way to make any medium look great!