Monday, May 18, 2009

Hibiscus Red

Last week and into the weekend was full with 3 different
workshops...sorry I missed Friday's post. I'd like to do a
shout-out to everyone from the workshop! Hi! We had a great
time and covered alot of ground in short days. Time flies!
This painting is from one of my watercolor sketchbooks.
We talked about the importance of keeping a journal/sketchbook
to train your eye and to improve drawing and observation
skills...hope you give it a try or keep going if you already do...

4 comments:

A Brush with Color said...

What a great, loose sketch of a beautiful flower. It's bursting with color!

StilinStudio said...

Annelein~
I, for one, had a FABulous time in your workshop, and can't wait to apply what I learned there to my own painting style! I'm always inspired when I see your work, but to get to know you, and see you in action was the cat's meow. Off to sketch in my journal now - Thanks so much!
~Linda

Cindi said...

lucious colors and fun splashes of paint!! sketchbook is a great idea!! why dont i use mine like i should!! arrgghhhh!!
thanks for the reminder!!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Beautiful! Someday I want to be half as good as you :-)