Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dutch Windmill

This painting was a birthday present for my Dad...oh I don't know how many years ago. I had actually been to this windmill and taken a bunch of photos...the building on the left..you can barely see the brown edge had a fantastic pancake house. Not the same pancakes we eat here in the States, but big dinner plate sized with savory filling, but also some sweet. Yummy! Several years ago I visited another windmill that was actually a "paint" mill, where they ground the pigments instead of wheat...how cool is that?

1 comment:

sue said...

Wonderful windmill! when I was in the Netherlands, I had those fabulous little pancakes called poffertjes? Savory or sweet, they were my favorite find. You're bringing back wonderful memories. I did get to go inside some of the working windmills in Kinderdijk. It was so interesting.