Monday, October 19, 2009

"The Soft shoulder"

7.5"x7.5"
I haven't been to the weekly figure session in a while, so I'm posting something I did earlier this year. This piece is actually in a small works show in Jeffersonville VT. The show has been up for a while, but the opening reception is on November 1st at the Mary Bryan Memorial Gallery. I decided this year to put two figure pieces in...instead of roosters. Shake things up a bit. Don't want to get too predictable! I had a comment at my solo show last month where someone wrote.."ok flowers and roosters, what else you got?" So I guess I'm showing what else I got...I did have some landscapes in that show, but I guess they didn't rate.

5 comments:

jill polsby said...

Yummy! Fun to see your other "stuff"!

annie said...

That's a lovely light and texture on that soft shoulder, Annelein. I'd also like to see some of those landscapes-- they sure would rate with us.
annie

Unknown said...

Lovely!

Fernando Pena said...

Great blog to follow, I'm on it now. I like this soft painting

LindaHunt said...

Lovely! Your work is very sensitive and beautifully well done!!