Monday, March 17, 2014

New colors

I spent the better part of a day last week putting together a new to me palette.  I have my regular tried and true palette, but decided as a challenge and to spark some excitement to clean up a Holbein white plastic one and squeeze out colors that were all new and different for me from my vast collection of tubes.  I also divided the larger wells on this palette using glue from a glue gun to create a "dam" so I could fit in more colors!

1 comment:

Katherine Harra said...

What a great idea about using the glue gun! I have discovered over the years that I prefer a palette with a dam at the inside edge (near the mixing area). But I have two early ones that I bought before I figured out how messy I was (always dragging the wrong color back into the well).

And now I know a way to update those palettes so I like them better: thanks!