Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Red, red flower

This image is reminding me of all the poinsettias that I'm seeing around the stores. I know they look different, but the close-up and colors are similar. We didn't get any poinsettias this year, so I don't have a reference to paint one...I did do one many years ago for a holiday card...I should go dig that one up and try to post it this week or next....only 9 shopping days left...what does that mean? Maybe try to make something for your loved ones this year! hmmm, there's an idea.

7 comments:

Paula Cravens said...

Annelein, I peeked at your book..it looks fabulous, great job.

A Brush with Color said...

ooooh yum!

veredit said...

... wonderfully tender and full of color at the same power. Your pictures are very inspiring. I always like to come back and watch and enjoy.

AutumnLeaves said...

As beautiful as your work is, I know any gifts you might make for family and friends will be exquisite! Love this bright and close-up view of a poppy!

Cindi said...

wow saw this one and had to stop by and say wow!! love how delicate the flower seems, yet so strong.. wow!!

Pink & Green Mama said...

Just beautiful!!

Love the color wheel on your side bar too : )

fondly,
pink and green mama
marylea

Nick said...

A lot of life, and it still looks wet - #1 thing with w/c! Great work on your blog, congratulations.