Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Digging deep

I am digging down deep in my glass jar full of tubes of paints...I am forcing myself to try some of those colors I wouldn't normally use, but have had the tubes in my collection for ages...It's another way to challenge yourself. The basic concept is the same..primaries...a yellow, blue and red and then temperatures...cool vs. warm and then a balance of lights and darks...The above painting was done during a workshop where we had to use a triad to mix all our colors. I believe this was aureolin, prussian and alizarin.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

This is just beautiful, Annelein. I cannot believe it is only three colors in the palette. Wonderful mixing you've done and the composition is breathtaking to me.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

the results of limited palette are always amazing.