Wednesday, July 28, 2010

GaGa over Green

Just finished my first workshop titled "going green" at the Holbein art event. Had a great group of ladies and all worked hard with limited pigments and a limited subject. The objective was mixing your greens either on your palette or your paper letting watercolor do it's magic. This is a painting that consists of many different greens that were handled just that way...lemon-greens, grey-greens, blue-greens..etc..etc.. 22"x15" We worked from a picture of a primarily green still life set up..also had some real still life subjects in the room..not easy.

8 comments:

irinasztukowski said...

Agree, green can be very tricky. Your artwork is amazing. Fresh and pretty! I love gradual movement from lights in front to darks on the back. Great Job Annelein. Thanks, Irina

Carol Blackburn said...

Easy or not, I think it's lovely. It's good to challenge yourself every so often. Wakes up the senses!

Cynthia said...

This is really fabulous! All those variations on green...just grand!

A Brush with Color said...

Greens are always hard, I think, but these all look great, Annelein. Sounds like it was a great class.

Barbra Joan said...

Well I don't know how the others turned out, I just know your is fantastic... You never dissappoint! Thanks for sharing.

M R Anand said...

Green is my favorite colour and you have given it a new twist! I see so many shades of green! aptly worded title.

Autumn Leaves said...

Not easy maybe, but oh so beautiful! One of my favorites of your pieces, Annelein. I so love a good landscape!

Laura said...

Love your color.. great to find another watercolor lover... :)... used to live in VT... great place to paint...do you know Karen and Jack Winslow?... artists in Cambridge Vt.... thanks for your delightful posts....
www.laurawinslow.blogspot.com