Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Algonquin

"Algonquin Hotel" New Brunswick, Canada
Here is another hotel image done in the same journal.
I received an email yesterday asking what kind of sketchbook
this is and if I made this one myself. I didn't make this one
myself, but it is full of Fabriano 140 lb. CP watercolor paper,
which is my favorite. I got it many years ago and it was made
by Brookfield Stationery, which we carried in the art store where
I worked. The sketchbooks I have made at the local FedEx/Kinkos
are about 5" x 7" watercolor sheets that I tear, leaving a deckled edge.
Then I sandwich those between two pieces of matboard that are
slightly bigger than the wc paper and they spiral bind it. You can
decorate the matboard with handmade paper, kraft paper
or draw on it!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

A Brush with Color said...

You'll have to post a photo of one of your sketchbooks you've made, sometime. This is another gem--I'm enjoying your travel sketchbooks. Beautiful!