Thursday, March 5, 2009

New direction, older painting

Another earlier watercolor of mine...I should take some of
my older work and put it around the room and create a historical
timeline. I sort of cringe at the thought to see where I started.
But we all must learn to crawl before we can walk and that says
nothing about how hard we must train to run in a marathon. So
there is nothing wrong with progression! Having said that...I have
started with oils..big gasp...what did she say? Isn't she just exclusive
to watercolors...well now, yes I am, but I just took a workshop with
Carol Marine from Austin, Texas and just had a blast...so who knows,
I might share some of my efforts with you right here in the future!

4 comments:

Katie Mac said...

I love that you post your old work as well as your new. It's great to see the progression of your work and helps encourage those of us who are not 'quite' as skilled as you, to remember that practice DOES make a huge difference! Looking forward to your workshop this spring!

cathyswatercolors said...

I love this painting.Old new who cares, it's beautiful so transparent. Poppies are the most difficult for me. I would love to take one of your workshops. Anything happening this summer?

Peggy Montano & Paintings said...

Your watercolor paintings are just beautiful.
Thanks for starting my day in such color.

Anonymous said...

Please don't give up your watercolors. I love your loose style and use of color.
Jean