Monday, November 17, 2008

The Letter

"The Letter" 15" x 22"
This painting was a study in oranges and reds...obviously.
But it was also a combination of shapes and textures, lost
and found edges, soft and hard edges, overlapping shapes
and some negative space. I just got two potted amaryllis
bulbs and they are already shooting up their tall heads. One
is orange and the other a candy cane stripe. I have some
paperwhites ready to go as well, but I need to put those in
some sort of vessel and put the marbles around their bases.
I really like seeing their roots twirl around through the glass.
So I am growing some new subject matter, right here in my
living room!

2 comments:

A Brush with Color said...

Oooooh--how pretty! I love this one!

laura said...

Simply gorgeous, so bright. And I love the scissors!!