Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Barn

"Pumpkin Barn" 15" x 22"
I will leave you in the Halloween spirit with my rendition
of a barn in Waitsfield with a row of pumpkins in front.
I painted this on site at this farmstand with boxes and boxes
of various squashes and gourds behind me and these rows
of orange future jack 'o lanterns in front of me! Plus I introduced
a new color to my palette for this painting...Burnt Umber...not
really one I always have on hand, but worked well for this barn.
I can't post again until after the elections, so everyone go out and vote!
Plus have a HAPPY SPOOKY AND FUN HALLOWEEN!

4 comments:

Karen Hargett said...

Very cool. I love the barn - burnt umber worked well.

A Brush with Color said...

These really are scrumptious! I could study these for hours! Just lovely...you do beautiful work whatever subject matter it is!

Peggy Montano & Paintings said...

I love looking at your paintings.They are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What a way to get into the mood of Halloween. It's just a fun and crazy little holiday. My 10 month old Grand daughter Alexxus Salin, was a very colorful Peacock. And the painting is just beautiful. Again, thank you so much for sharing all of you wonderful work with us.