Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Silo and Red Barn

"Silo and Red Barn" 10" x 22"
This summer image was just begging to be posted today...
Now that the forecast is saying we are in for snow! Oh no..
it's too early. I loved painting this out in the field. The lower
part of the painting was loosely interpreted by just washing
several shades of greens and yellows to indicate a vast field
of grasses. Scratching across the paper with the back of your
brush, or dipping it into a darker color to get random strokes.
It makes the movement of the paint less predictable. Plus my
ever present splotches and splashes!

2 comments:

A Brush with Color said...

Ooooh I like that! It's a beauty! Thanks for the description of how you accomplished the grasses--just wonderful.

Karen Hargett said...

Lovely! There is something about barns that I love! I also like the length of this painting. Beautful!