Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Jaunty Jay

"Jaunty Jay" 7.5" x 7.5"
Here is another feathered friend of a different variety.
I did this painting for a specific group show that was all
about birds and feathers. Something a little unique for me.
I haven't seen alot of jays lately..don't know if they head
south for the winter. They are very loud and seem to be
the bully of the bird world. I'm going to dig out some older
holiday cards this week so I can show you an archive.
I've just finished sending off all my mailing list cards and
friends and family cards...more than 350 in all! Phew.

3 comments:

Suzanne McDermott said...

Nice! Beautiful!!! Excellent work in rendering the Jay. More enthusiasm and I'll sound stupid. Except to say that I love your signature. So neat and clean.....

Sandy said...

Love this guy!!

A Brush with Color said...

What a wonderful blue jay! I think they're amazing birds. I just drove into our driveway yesterday and saw two of them on our neighbors' lawn. They seem to be all over our area, and every once in a while, they'll actually come right to our deck and eat some suet. I think they're amazing. You captured their beauty and brilliant blue.